Monday, June 11, 2012

Canada Off the Deep-End, America is Next


By Heather Mathews for PPSIMMONS

In a report by Reuters dated Friday June 8, 2012, it is announced that a 63-year-old grandmother will go to court and may be treated as a criminal for protesting- peacefully- outside a Toronto abortion clinic.

Linda Gibbons, who had an abortion in 1970 before realizing it was wrong, has spent 10 out of the last 18 years in jail for protesting outside multiple Toronto clinics in defiance of what was supposed to be a temporary injunction in 1994.  The Supreme Court of Canada has ruled that the current case pending against her (Linda Dale Gibbons v. Her Majesty the Queen, #33813,) stemming from an arrest outside the Scott abortion clinic in 2008, can go on.  Ms. Gibbons argues that the police are “abusing the process” for continuing to use an 18-year-old temporary restraining order.  She is currently in prison for yet another “bubble-zone” violation.

Canada has no abortion law, and Prime Minister Stephen Harper (a conservative if you can believe it) is refusing to reopen the issue.

Maria Corsillo, the manager of the Scott clinic, erroneously refers to abortion as “health care.”  It is certainly not “care” for the unborn children being mutilated and sucked out of what is supposed to be the safest place on Earth and the only home they have ever known.  These babies are already practicing breathing within the amniotic fluid cushioning them.  Physicians already perform life-saving surgeries on babies in the womb to correct neural-tube defects, obstructions, hernias, and several other conditions.  These surgeries are performed at fetal gestations during which many women consider and obtain abortions.  So, who is defining whether or not these babies are living yet?

Psalm 139 (NIV)
13 For you created my inmost being; 
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful, 
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.

Isaiah 49 (NIV)
1Listen to me, you islands; 
    hear this, you distant nations:
Before I was born the LORD called me;
    from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name...
5 And now the LORD says—
    he who formed me in the womb to be his servant…



No comments:

Post a Comment